AT&T 6386 vs Compaq 386/20

Mitch Che che at pbhyf.PacBell.COM
Sat Oct 29 11:09:47 AEST 1988

I'm looking at AT&T's 6386 (20MHz) package CPU 373 with an 80MB hard
disk.  This is about $1700. less than our prices for a comparable
Compaq 386/20 package (with a 40 MB disk).  Our micro support group
suggested sticking with the Compaq, mentioning something about low
Norton performance on the AT&T.  (Considering we're still using IBM
PC/XT's, anything is going to look faster!)  However, anyone have some
specific numbers or comparisons they could provide me?  (Or direct me
to?) Thanks in advance.
--
Mitch Che   Pacific Bell   415-823-2454