TCP/IP 6386

C M Votava cmv at ihlpm.ATT.COM
Sat Oct 8 00:01:48 AEST 1988

In article <1087 at lakesys.UUCP> steven at lakesys.UUCP (Steven Goodman) writes:

>	I have recently purchased (ordered) an AT&T 6386E computer,
>	this will be running Unix 3.2  and I have had a very difficult
>	time in searching out TCP/IP for this product.
>
>	Recently however I was informed that AT&T now has software for this
>	apparently JUST released.
>	It is suppose to support the micom ethernet hardware.
>
>	Question: Anyone aware of this?  A name a pec/com code perhaps?
>	Does it directly support what model of micom hardware?  Will
>	micom hardware be supported directly ?  Or is AT&T "stamping"
>	their name on a micom card?  Is this a port of the WIN TCP/IP?
>	Or has AT&T developed their own?

Steven-

I'm not sure this is what you're after, but these are the numbers for some
of the newly available Starlan-10 stuff. Be advised, it's not compatible
with 1MB starlan (except were indicated) and, it ain't cheap...

	PC Ethernet NAU (Network Access Unit)	??
		Standard ETHERNET board for PC's. This NAU has a standard
		AUI connector for access to standard ETHERNET connections,
		and a BNC connector for connections using thin coax cable.

	3b2 NI card	??
		ETHERNET compatible expansion board allowing a 3b2 to connect
		to starlan-10 network via the AUI adapter

	NAU Plus	PEC Code 2614-102
		Intelligent ETHERNET compatible expansion board for the 6386
		WGS with the network connection via the AUI adapter.

	Network Hub Unit	PEC Code 2610-002
		All network connections are made through the NHU, which
		provides flexible star configuration options. The NHU
		provides 11 modular jacks and one AUI port. The AUI port
		allows connections for existing coax-based ETHERNET networks.

	AUI Adapter	PEC Code 2611010
		The AUI adapter enables network access for devices equipped
		with an ETHERNET controller card, including ETHERNET Version
		2.0 and IEEE 802.3 compatible PC's, minicomputers, terminal
		servers, "ethermuxes", repeaters and bridges. The AUI side
		of the adapter may be connected directly or via AUI cable
		to the ETHERNET node. The wire side jack is connected to the
		HUB via modular cord.

I have not verified these PEC Codes, so don't take them as gospel. For the
two that I'm missing, and to double check the rest contact the AT&T Commcode
Hotline at 1-800-654-5832, they are very helpful people. Make sure you tell
them that this is for starlan 10 products, and that they are very new, some
of them might not have been entered into their books yet.

Craig Votava
[att!]looney!cmv