TCP/IP 6386

Steven Goodman steven at lakesys.UUCP
Thu Oct 6 21:30:48 AEST 1988

	I have recently purchased (ordered) an AT&T 6386E computer,
	this will be running Unix 3.2  and I have had a very difficult
	time in searching out TCP/IP for this product.  Presently I have
	a desktop version of this CPU running 3.1 and stuffed in a
	EXCELAN 205T card and it's software - unfortunitly  it is really
	not intended for 3.1 and many hacks were required to get this
	running at a minimal level.

	Recently however I was informed that AT&T now has software for this
	apparently JUST released.  I was informed by the "hotline" of this
	but have no com codes, pec codes, prices, etc.... It is suppose to
	support the micom ethernet hardware.

	Question: Anyone aware of this?  A name a pec/com code perhaps?
	Does it directly support what model of micom hardware?  Will
	micom hardware be supported directly ?  Or is AT&T "stamping"
	their name on a micom card?  Is this a port of the WIN TCP/IP?
	Or has AT&T developed their own?

	Any and all information regarding this product is appreciated
	greatly!  Please forward information to either:

	steven at lakesys

             or

	manager at marque

--