wide-screen vi

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.UUCP
Fri Oct 21 15:34:23 AEST 1988

In article <135 at cjsa.WA.COM> jeff at cjsa.WA.COM (C. Jeffery Small) writes:
>Has anyone been able to successfully set up for wide-screen vi editing
>session on the console?

>The editor fires up with the new font and handles the
>120 column width and sets a 25 line window.  However, there are problems

[details omitted]

I don't know if this is your problem or not, but I found out that to get an
odd-sized font to work right in vi the window has to be sized very carefully.
Sizing with the mouse using a skinny font can result in a window slightly
bigger than termcap thinks your line is long -- & this causes it to get its
leedul self most yuckily confused!  Try using windy to size your window to
the exact number of pixels needed to get the number of columns you've told
termcap you've got.  See if this helps.
--
 Jim Rosenberg
     CIS: 71515,124                         decvax!idis! \