Request for info on 3B1 software

Thad Thad Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Tue Oct 18 17:02:26 AEST 1988

To: Mike Thompson, et al  (others in Silicon Valley with 3B1/UNIXpc/7300)

I, too, reside in Los Altos and am the de facto UNIXPC Librarian of the
AT&T USERS' GROUP sponsored and charted by AT&T (N.Bay meetings alternating
between San Francisco and Oakland, S.Bay meetings in Sunnyvale).

So far the UNIXpc SIG (Sunnyvale Chapter) comprises some 8-10 people.

Syd Reid and Sharon DeLuca (sp?) of AT&T got the AT&T "The STORE!" disk and
documentation for me to distribut to our members.  You may wish to join the
Users' Group (AT&T is a VERY gracious host!).

I get the unix-pc.* newsgroups via PORTAL (located in Cupertino) and we're
attempting to establish a uucp net of interested UNIXpc owners in this area.

A "ton" of stuff exists for the UNIXpc and we're sharing it all.

Besides having 4 of the beasts myself, I also have the complete schematics
and REFERENCE MANUAL to help those with hardware problems (to give you an
idea of the scope: 3 of those 4 systems are ones I rebuilt from scratch; the
"big" 3B1 I bought new fully loaded).

Feel welcome to send me email so we can all get together!

AT&T (in Sunnyvale) is supporting our SIG, and people and AT&T and at various
PacBell sites in the Bay Area are willing to lend a hand.

Interest is also rising to band together and help IDT out with their SCSI
interface.
.
One of the first orders of business is to get everyone up to speed with
uucp, so don't delay!

Keep those cards and letters coming.  Call now, operators are standing by! :-)

Thad Floryan [thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ...!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad]