Request for info on 3B1 software

Mike Thompson mike at mfgfoc.uucp
Fri Oct 14 04:58:18 AEST 1988

Greetings Unix PCers,

About 6 weeks ago I posted a request for information regarding the AT&T
3B1 because I was interested in purchasing one.  Well, to make a long
story short, I did end up getting a 3B1 with 67M HD and 2M RAM with the
Sys V version 3.51 (foundation and development).  This was purchased from
an ad placed in this news group.  I would like to thank everyone for their
thoughts and suggestions.

Well, now that I have such a beast, what is the easyest way to feed it with
software.  I have seen references to a net group called unix-pc.src, but I
don't know how to get access to it.  Is it possible from the S.F. Bay Area?
I am interested in software such as gcc, g++, kcl and the likes.  I have ported
some software to it, but would prefer to get versions of software which
someone already went over and massaged for the 3B1.

I would also be interested contacting someone who has a large collection
of 3B1 public domain software on disks, so that I could obtain copies of
the disks (for a reasonable duplicating fee).  I live in Los Altos, CA
so the closer the better, but I would be willing to do it by mail.
I would be willing to buy used versions of commercial software, but right
now I can't pay all that much since the purchase of the computer used up
my budget for the next few months.

I would also be interested in finding out places to get commercial products
for the 3B1 locally.

Well those are my questions for now and thanks once again for all your
previous responses to my questions.  Hope that I can return the favor
sometime.

Mike Thompson