help with arc

Dracula coffin at duster.UUCP
Sat Oct 8 02:37:12 AEST 1988

#$ arc t test.arc
#Testing file: 1431          okay
#Testing file: 1432          Corrupted compressed file.
#Invalid code 905 when max is 840.
#WARNING: File 1432 fails CRC check
#An entry in test.arc has a bad header.  1082 bytes skipped.
#Testing file: 1433          okay
#Testing file: 1434          Corrupted compressed file.
#Invalid code 1002 when max is 828.
#WARNING: File 1434 fails CRC check
#An entry in test.arc has a bad header.  644 bytes skipped.
#Testing file: 1435          Corrupted compressed file.
#Invalid code 333 when max is 257.
#WARNING: File 1435 fails CRC check
#An entry in test.arc has a bad header.  436 bytes skipped.
#Archive truncated in file ^*%^HGF
#13 errors detected

I also have this problem, however, when I download the file to a PC, it is just
fine. If anyone knows how to make it work on Un*x (5.2) 68020 CPU, VMEBUS etc.
PLEASE post the patches or fixes. I have been meaning to crank up sdb on it,
but I have several other higher priority projects going right now.

Thanx!

Chris Coffin
hplabs!hp-sdd!crash!xroads!coffin
coffin at xroads.UUCP