Bernoulli Box on 6300

Bill Mayhew wtm at neoucom.UUCP
Sat Oct 1 11:18:47 AEST 1988

We've used Bernoulli Boxes here on 6300s without incident.  The
oldest machine we have running one has version 1.21 ROMs.
Everthing for the drive is handled by a device driver, which one
must name in the CONFIG.SYS file.  I forget the amount of memeory
it eats up, but it isn't too much.  What you do apparently need, is
DOS 2.11 or higher release.

The new Tandon datapack hard disks are pretty much competitive with
the Bernoulli Box drives.  The Tandon drives have the advantage
that the removable module uses rigid media and is essentailly zero
maintenance.  The Bernoulli drives do require periodic cleaning of
the heads, and the media will eventually wear out (though it takes
a LONG time to wear it out).

I haven't used a Tandon drive on the 6300, so I cant comment there,
but it is worth checking into.

--Bill