Problems dumping 7300

schwager at m.cs.uiuc.edu schwager at m.cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 6 03:32:00 AEST 1988

I'm having problems dumping my 7300 to floppy.  When I'm doing a backup
of the entire system, it hangs on the 7th disk.  It will happily dump to
disks 1-6, but then when disk 7 comes up, I put it in and the drive
starts spinning- and that's it.  The head gronks a couple times, then
the light stays on and nothing else happens.

Also, if I try to backup an individual user it does the same thing- the
floppy starts up, then sits there for eternity with the light on.  Can
anyone help?
-Mike Schwager
-- {uunet,convex,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!schwager   schwager%uiuc at csnet-relay.arpa
	University of Illinois, Dept. of Computer Science