All right! and 1.2M floppies; HwNote05

Geoffrey B Hoese gbh at juniper.uucp
Sat Oct 22 13:56:20 AEST 1988

	a couple more comments regarding 3.5" disk not working -

	I'm running 3.0 - is iv or /dev/rfp020 different
			  as compared to 3.51?

	Motherboard I.D. - I don't know if this matters, but
			   the following info is from the m.b. -

	(at rear corner under FD) (items in parens are on stickers,
	the rest is masked)

	S4 CPU
	PCA D(60-00222)6-00   REV (PCT 3125)

	(at front corner, near p.s. cable)

	(REV  B)
		REV 00030676  <- this is bar coded

	also, another question - has anybody ran a faster
	clock in the 7300/3b1? I've been tempted to try;
	I have a device made for an AT that synthesises (sp?)
	a clock signal switchable from 8 to 12 mHz. Although
	two mHz increase may not be much, I'd like  to know
	if anyone has tried that or higher speeds, and where
	the thing seemed to fall apart. I'd think that the
	logic shouldn't be running at its upper limit as is,
	so something more should be able to be squeezed out of it.

				Thanks again,
					Geoff Hoese

--

Geoffrey Hoese		gbh at juniper.UUCP
2105 Arpdale		{allegra,ctvax,im4u}!ut-sally!ut-emx!juniper!gbh