3B2 Floppy Key Problem

Paul Mauvais paulm at psu-cs.UUCP
Sat Oct 15 10:08:26 AEST 1988

I have a 3B2/300 with 2MB of RAM and an internal 30MB HD

Someone in charge of the 3B2 before me changed the hardware
password to something different from the default, and now
no one knows what.  So, I follow the nifty manual directions
and use my floppy key to reset the NVRAM.

Nothing.  It resets the date/time just fine, but does nothing
to the hardware/diag password at all.

Any suggestions on what I can do??

                                                                Paul Mauvais
				   Assistant System Programmer/Administrator
CSNET:  paulm at cs.pdx.edu                        Portland Center for Advanced
ARPANET:paulm%cs.pdx.edu at relay.cs.net                             Technology
UUCP:   {ucbvax,uunet,gatech}!tektronix!psu-cs!paulm