Info-3b2 Digest, Number 30

Info-3b2 Mailing List info-3b2 at lamc
Tue Oct 25 08:40:33 AEST 1988

                           Info-3b2 Digest, Number 30

                           Monday, October 24th 1988

Today's Topics:

                             Re: Rn, 3b2's & StarLAN
                                  Mail headers
                               NFS for AT&T 3Bx's
                                   14 MHZ 3B2
                              Re: various 3B2 stuff

From: ucsfmis!ide!uunet!3b2!danno
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 88 08:50:15 EDT
Subject: Re: Rn, 3b2's & StarLAN

I received the following message from a person inside AT&T regarding
the prbolem with rn:

-->The problem you are having with rn is that
-->the streams starlan driver does not properly support
-->ioctl(). rn is blocking when you try it over starlan.
-->I'll bet that you will find that any terminal hooked
-->over a tty will run just fine.
-->
-->	The problem has been repaired in 3.2.

This seems to be the definitive answer.  I'm not sure whether it is worth
rewriting rn to make it work, or just get the upgrade.

Also,  I believe that the above reason is why one cannot run layers on a
terminal connected to StarLAN

Later,

danno
--

	Daniel S. Notov		|	{monster,uunet}!onm3b2!danno
	Ogilvy & Mather, Inc.	|	"...Advertising that sells..."