Idea on jacking up 3b1's cpu...

Alex Crain alex at wolf.umbc.edu
Sat Apr 8 03:50:43 AEST 1989

In article <483 at flatline.UUCP>, erict at flatline.UUCP (J. Eric Townsend) writes:

> 3.  Get the sources for unix :-), and recompile them on/for the SBC.

	This isn'tas amazingly painful as one might think. I was talking to
my local AT&T representitive the other day and he informed me that Educational
Institutions can get 3b1 system sources with some kind of limited licence for
the magic number of $3000.

	Commercial licences are still going for the typical GNP of a third
world country, but if you happen to be attached to a university, $3K is pretty
reasonable.

					:alex
Alex Crain
Systems Programmer			alex at umbc3.umbc.edu
Univ Md Baltimore County		umbc3.umbc.edu!nerwin!alex