Trailblazer Setup for HDB <--[NO! NO! NO!] for the UNIX PC

Robert J. Granvin rjg at sialis.mn.org
Wed Apr 5 16:51:48 AEST 1989

In article <1333 at jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU> eed_wwhh at jhunix.UUCP (William H. Huggins) writes:
>In article <11398 at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com> smb at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com (Steven M. Bellovin) writes:
>>In article <290 at greek.UUCP>, mark at motcsd.UUCP (Mark Jeghers) writes:
>>> NO! NO! NO!  Listen folks!  Some of us pathetic cretins out here DO NOT
>>> HAVE HDB!  Remember?  AT&T won't give it out to anyone else, remember??
>>
>>``Give it out''?  No, of course not.  But AT&T does *sell* it.  Why,
>>in the current environment, should AT&T ``give it out''?
>
>After spending 2 hours calling 4 different AT&T offices,
>  1-800-6358866,  1-800-2471212, 1-800-8288649, 1-800-9220354
>I could find none that could sell the  HDB for my 3B1.  Pray tell,
>*who* should I contact?
>I call to buy it?

HDB for the 3b1 is NOT available.  It is not for sale.  It is not
obtainable.  It has never been released to the public in any form,
with one "minor" exception.

A version was once made available through The Store!.  This was
technically a mistake, but there you go.  By posted and public policy,
_anything_ obtained from The Store! is completed unsupported and use
at your own risk.  The Hotline, if it acknowledges it, will not answer
any questions on it.

Technically, HDB for the 3b1 does not exist (even though a lot of
people have it :-)

However, if you own or buy a Unix Source license, it _is_ possible to
purchase the source for HoneyDanBer, as I understand it.  But, it
probably wouldn't be worth the cost for you...

--
       Robert J. Granvin
   National Computer Systems     "Looks like the poor devil died in his sleep."