Trailblazer Setup for HDB <--[NO! NO! NO!] for the UNIX PC

Dennis Erwin Thurlow det at nsscb.UUCP
Sat Apr 29 06:41:58 AEST 1989

In article <823 at aber-cs.UUCP> pcg at cs.aber.ac.uk (Piercarlo Grandi) writes:

>It is ALMOST ALWAYS the case that it says that you pay money to REPORT bugs,
>period. Many suppliers will not LISTEN to bug reports unless you pay for
>them to, and that is all they are prepared to undertake to do for you. In
>some cases a support contract may also include occasional distributions of
>software updates, about which no representation is made either.

Peter,
This simply isn't true. First we hand hold a lot of people through
stuff that is in the docs, or wierd configurations. Second, even if
you buy time, if you report a true bug, and we don't have a fix for it,
we do not charge you, we escalate the problem to the product manager
or developers, and while it may take some time to get a patch, we do try.
-nsscb!det