Several Disk Questions(Floppy and Hard)

Jim Sanchez jim at syteke.UUCP
Sun Apr 9 03:12:38 AEST 1989

While I'm sure that some if not most of what I will ask has been
answered before, I would like some advice.  I have an amiga and would
like to use 3.5 disks on the UNIX-PC as well.  I can buy a 720K IBM/PC
disk cheap.  I was under the impression that the physical interface is
the same as the 360K floppy and that if I use the correct "iv" file
that all will be well.  Is it really that simple?

The second question is that I currently have a 40Mb system and would
like to put a disk in that will (1) give me 67 Mb with NO mods to the
system ande (2) will give me a significant improvement when/if I can
perform some H/W mods.  A separate but related question is that I have
seen some rather nice half-height Microscience drives advertised and
perhaps the way to go is put one in now and add a second with a H/W
mod.  These drives are 28ms(voice coil) and have "very low" power
consumption.  Most importantly, they are very reasonable if you look
in Computer Shopper at the advert from Rose Hill Systems in Calif.
Any thoughts on these subjects.

Thanks all.
--
Jim Sanchez  {sun,hplabs}!sun!sytek!syteke!jim OR
Sytek Brussels  mcvax!prlb2!sunbim!syteke!jim