Trailblazer Setup for HDB <--[NO! NO! NO!] for the UNIX PC

Dennis Erwin Thurlow det at nsscb.UUCP
Wed Apr 12 04:21:20 AEST 1989

>OK, everybody.  If we want HDB, let's all get together and send a
>joint letter to AT&T saying that we'll each pay $x for the binaries.
>
>We don't need support, except for maybe a correct manual   ( 1/2 |-) )
>
>It won't cost them anything to make it available to us, we could
>easily handle distributing the thing - I'll bet one of us will
>volunteer to act as the distributor if they chose to allow us to
>have it for free.
>
>How much would we be willing to pay to be allowed to use this UUCP?
     [stuff deleted]
>Please oh please please please release HDB to us, AT&T.

The question is, "who ya' gonna' call?" The machine has no
product manager anymore! Without a PM there is no one to deal
with! Whatever policy was in place will stay in place because
there is no one to change it.

I can try to find out if anything can be done.

I can try to fight the fight from this end.

Suggestions?

-nsscb!det