AT&T 6300: the Wrong Choice

Spiros Trianta strianta at killer.Dallas.TX.US
Sun Apr 2 06:32:19 AEST 1989

In article <574 at whizz.uucp> bbh at whizz.uucp (Bud Hovell) writes:
>	1. Verified to be getting a *good* ground? (Most commercial and
>	residential convenience-outlets provide poor grounds, and sometimes
>	aren't even connected. In one building [brand new, by the way] we
>
>	2. Getting power that is "conditioned" to kill transient spikes and
>	other variences? Better, is the equipment on an uninterruptable
>	power supply? When power returns after failure, the spikes can be
>	really awesome in the first few cycles.

It is assumed that the machine (6300) is capable of operating in
such conditions, isn't AT&T the one that had these slick commercials
with the sweating yuppies discussing the merits of their AT&T equipment
operating in less than ideal conditions?

The machine *is* on a surge suppressor (the $20 dollar variety). Power
seems to be pretty good in the area, it is all new equipment and
new house.

>Hope this helps.

I sure hope so too! I'll try to connect some commercial power meter to the
power outlet and see what's going on. Thank you for the tip!

Spiros

--
Who: Spiros Trianta         <>   Where: Noblesville, Indiana
How: strianta at killer.UUCP   <>   Why:   Nothing Else Interesting To Do