Trailblazer Setup for HDB <--[NO! NO! NO!] for the UNIX PC

Wolf Paul wnp at killer.Dallas.TX.US
Sat Apr 1 23:21:41 AEST 1989

In article <290 at greek.UUCP> mark at greek.UUCP (Mark Jeghers) writes:
>>This is in reply to this article ... I've shar'd up a possible setup for
>>the UNIX PC using HDB...
>
>*** flame on
>
>NO! NO! NO!  Listen folks!  Some of us pathetic cretins out here DO NOT
>HAVE HDB!  Remember?  AT&T won't give it out to anyone else, remember????
>
>*** flame off

Are you reading the unic-pc.* newsgroups? Apparently not. Otherwise you
would have found out long ago that while the SHOP feature of the user agent
won't let you grab HDB from THE SHOP, a simple uucp command will grab
it.

Like this:

	uucp shop!/store/STOREROOM/HDB3.5+IN /usr/spool/uucppublic/

and there you go.

>ahem, sorry about that...
>
>Now, can some kind folk out there please let us know what we NON-HDB people
>can do to set up Trailblazers on our 3B1's?
>
>Pleeeeeeez?  (pardon my behavior today, I forgot to take my medication :-)

In any case, the strings of TB+ register settings are the same for either
software version, and you could just study your manuals to see where
to insert them (i.e. in dialinfo) to send them to the modem. But as I under-
stood the original problem (and therefore the reply you are complaining
about), it was not so much getting TB+ working on the 3b1, but getting
a TB+ on a remote system talking to the 3b1's OBM.

>Mark Jeghers
>Motorola Computer Systems

UUCP:   killer!wnp                    ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN: wnp at killer.dallas.tx.us       TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD