April 1989 Bay Area ATT Users' Group Meeting

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Mon Apr 17 19:19:33 AEST 1989

The April meeting of the AT&T COMPUTER USERS GROUP, SOUTH BAY CHAPTER, will be
April 19, 1989 at the AT&T facility in Sunnyvale CA.  See agenda (below).

These meetings are the third Wednesday of each month.  The address is:

	The AT&T Building
	1090 E. Duane Avenue
	Sunnyvale, CA

The facility is located on Duane, just one block south of US 101 (Bayshore)
just off Lawrence expressway.  From 101, get onto Lawrence, turn right onto
Duane, and proceed straight onto AT&T property; follow the perimeter road to
the "back" of the building, park in the visitor's area, and enter thru the
multi-doored entrance.

"Rough" map:

San Francicso <-----------------------+----------- US 101 -------- > San Jose

     ________________ \               |
         |           \ \              |
         |            \ \             |
         |    +-----+ |  \            |
     park     |     | |   \           |
     enter->  |     | +---------------+---------------------
              |     |     ^           |      FRY's Electronics
              +-----+     |           |
                          |           ^
                          |           |
                          |           Lawrence Expressway

beginning of AT&T property+

Location codes are: MCR (Main Conference Room), SL (Student Lounge)

AGENDA (all times are approximate):

	-Special Interest Groups                  6:00 PM    MCR, SL
	 (new users, intermediate and
	  advanced DOS, UNIX, UNIXpc/7300, etc.)
	  Informal discussions and
	  refreshments. Swap session.

	-Technical Q&A Session (AT&T Staff)       7:00 PM    MCR

	-Club Business                            7:45 PM    MCR
	 committee reports, announcements

	-Guest speakers                           8:00 PM    MCR
         (topic unknown; my flyer "walked" :-)

	Adjourn (out by 10 PM)                    9:45 PM

For those of you with UNIXPC machines, I'll be bringing one of my systems
in, to show various internals, and for making copies of some PD material.
PLEASE bring already-formatted disks (10 sectors/track preferred) to save time.
We meet in the "Student Lounge".  The "hot" topic is the SCSI project recently
discussed in the unix-pc.general newsgroup; Mike Thompson will provide updates.

For those of you with AT&T's MS/DOS compatible systems, the Librarian will
have the club's PD library available for copying, etc.  PLEASE bring proper
MS/DOS formatted disks for exchange.

Only Public Domain and/or Freely Redistributable material will be available.

The membership of this Users' Group presently comprises computing professionals
interested in AT&T products.  Users and owners of ALL AT&T systems are welcome!

I'm posting this as an elected officer of the Group ("Member At Large") and
can answer (most) questions you may have.

I'm also "catching up" on email correspondence, so please be patient; 3 months'
worth of 25 hours/day, 8 days/week at work has prevented my active participation
recently.  I'll be posting more details about the Users' Group, its newsletter,
membership information, etc.

Additional information is available from:

Mark Dill
AT&T Public Relations
408/995-3966