Wyse 50+ as a 3b1 terminal

David T. Sandberg dts at quad.uucp
Sat Dec 2 18:11:04 AEST 1989

In article <1989Dec1.141209.186 at hybrid.UUCP> mdapoz at hybrid.UUCP (Mark Dapoz) writes:
:In article <363 at quad.uucp> dts at quad.uucp (David T. Sandberg) writes:
:>				Has anyone else encountered problems
:>with curses-using software not handling the magic cookie glitch
:>properly...
:
:I just stay away from those attributes.  If you stick with just low intensity
:for all highlighting, everything works fine.  This isn't exactly a solution,
:but it does get rid of the problem.

In other words, you've encountered this problem as well, and haven't
found the cause either?  In any case, I'd *really* like to find the
solution if one exists, because I have something I'm trying to write
which begs to be run on a Wyse 50 sitting out in the next room, and
which absolutely requires some sort of highlight attribute in order
to indicate selected blocks on the screen.  Sure, I could cheat and
alter the program behavior to move things over one space to the left
when highlighting, but that would not be exactly a portable solution,
would it?   ;')  Heck, it wouldn't even be portable to the console,
unless I made the behavior conditional on both the machine and the
terminal type... argh, extreme grossness.

--
David Sandberg             dts at quad.uucp or ..uunet!rosevax!sialis!quad!dts