6300 battery replacement? (wider distribution)

robert.s.sklar sklar at cbnewse.ATT.COM
Sun Dec 24 19:27:46 AEST 1989

In article <49946 at bbn.COM>, fjh at bbn.com (Frederick J. Hirsch) writes:
> I posted this earlier to New England only, probably too narrow a region.
>
> I need to replace the battery in the 6300, as the clock seems to lose time
> when the machine is off. None of the ATT manuals mention the battery as far as
> I can see.
>
> My questions:
> 1. if there have been postings on this, could someone please forward them to
> me.
>
> 2. what is the procedure you used if you did it
> 3. what state do I need to save, how do I do that? I think the hard disk
> controller has some registers I need to save?
>
> Thanks.
>
> fjh at bbn.com

	Please see article I posted to the 6300 news group.

	I guess I need to play silly games to fool the silly line
counter, so here goes.

        The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog's back.  Now is
the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.  The
quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog's back.  Now is the time for
all good men to come to the aid of their party.

				Robert S. Sklar
				AT&T Bell Laboratories
				Naperville, Illinois
				(708) 979-4323