6300 battery replacement? (wider distribution)

Frederick J. Hirsch fjh at bbn.com
Thu Dec 21 02:51:54 AEST 1989

I posted this earlier to New England only, probably too narrow a region.

I need to replace the battery in the 6300, as the clock seems to lose time
when the machine is off. None of the ATT manuals mention the battery as far as
I can see.

My questions:
1. if there have been postings on this, could someone please forward them to
me.

2. what is the procedure you used if you did it
3. what state do I need to save, how do I do that? I think the hard disk
controller has some registers I need to save?

Thanks.

fjh at bbn.com