Teletype printer switch settings?

Klaus E. Eldridge eldridge at oucsboss.cs.OHIOU.EDU
Thu Dec 21 00:22:04 AEST 1989

I have a Teletype printing terminal model "M-40 Data Terminal"
with a wide carriage.  It works, but prints only in upper case.
Since I don't have a manual I'm having difficulty in getting
the switches set correctly: 2**14 + 2**5 are too many combinations
to try.

Correct switch settings or a pointer to obtaining a manual would
be appreciated. I'm hopping that the manual would also cover the
small carriage model.

While I'm asking, what termcap/termfile entry under Sys V is the
best choice?

Thanks in advance.

--
Klaus E. Eldridge    Morton Hall 423
Computer Science Dept., Ohio University, Athens, Ohio 45701-2979