dial in modem on 3b2/300

Charles Taylor taylor at qtp.ufl.edu
Thu Dec 21 01:55:52 AEST 1989

I have inherited the responsibilty of installing a dial-in modem on an at&t
3B2/300 running System V (version 3.? - I'm not sure and the machine is not
on site). Unfortunately, the company that owns the machine has been left high
and dry by their AT&T reseller. Worse still - they have no System Administration
Manual.  Etc...

Anyway I would like to know ...
   1. What additional gettydef entries are required (if any)?
   2. How the inittab entry should look (though I'm fairly certain of this)?
   3. Should I mknod and if so what should the device be called ( i.e. ttyd0 )
      There is no MAKEDEV script to run or consult.
   4. what the setting should be for the AT&T (?) 2212 1200 BAUD modem (also no
      manuals).

There is one I/O options board installed supporting ports tty11, tty12, tty13, tty14
and tty15 (a parallel port).  It doen't really matter which of these I use.

                                        Thanks in Advance,

                                           Charlie Taylor
                                           Quantum Theory Project
                                           University of Florida