6386E Console Display Driver

~XT6561110~Frank McGee~C23~L25~6326~ fmcgee at cuuxb.ATT.COM
Sat Dec 23 05:05:48 AEST 1989

In a previous post I mentioned that a driver for the LED console
6386E (tower) platform probably wouldn't be possible.  Well,
Craig Votava of AT&T Bell Labs sent me mail stating that it
was possible.  Although there are certain canned messages that
are used during the POST, you can also directly address the
display.  All the information need to write the device driver
is provided in the "6386E WGS Technical Reference Manual",
assuming you already know how to write the device driver.

As they used to say on "Weekend Update," I stand corrected.

Happy Holidays,

--
Frank McGee, AT&T
Tier 3 Complementary Channel Sales Support