want ethernet for a 3b1

Richard Kuhns rjk at sawmill.UUCP
Sat Jun 24 02:24:39 AEST 1989

Our problem:  We want to install System V Rel 3.2 on a 3b2/400 which
is (among other things) a printer/file server for several dos machines,
using STARLAN.  We also want to install the new STARLAN code which
supposedly fixes several problems we've been having.  This 3b2 also
talks to a 3b1 via STARLAN.  AT&T has just informed us (AFTER we
purchased the new software/upgrade), that it is completely incompatible
with the version of STARLAN on the 3b1, and furthermore, they have no
intention to ever upgrade anything for the 3b1.  We also have an
ethernet card in the 3b2, and we'd prefer to use ethernet to communicate
with the 3b1.

Our question(s):  does anyone have an ethernet card/software for the 3b1
they'd be willing to sell??  Or trade for a STARLAN card with it's
associated software?  Or give me the name of a vendor who actually HAS
the ethernet card?

Thanks, as they say, in advance.

Rich Kuhns				Phone: (317)477-6000 8am-5pm
newton.physics.purdue.edu!sawmill!rjk