6386 shutdown: I CAN'T BELIEVE at&t was really this stupid!

Jim Murray jim at dfmp1.UUCP
Tue Jun 20 23:57:16 AEST 1989

In article <8708 at chinet.chi.il.us>, les at chinet.chi.il.us (Leslie Mikesell) writes:

> Has anyone else had a problem rebooting with ctl-alt-delete after getting
> this message?  I generally get a rom diagnostic about a serial port failure
> unless I push the reset button or power down after running unix.
>
> Les Mikesell

Yeah! only I haven't seen the pattern you've seen.  It seems intermittent like
crazy.  The problem I have is not only does the Rom Diagnostics complain
but the serial port fails.  Has any one else had the same problem??
Has anyone else gotten the following combination to work???

6383e with 5 meg of Ram
EGA monitor with a VDC 600
IPC 802
Starlan