When To Turn Off 7300?

John Dempsey john at NISD.CAM.UNISYS.COM
Fri Jun 2 02:27:05 AEST 1989

When does it make sense to turn off the Unix PC?

The AT&T manuals says never.  I keep my machine on all the time except
when I'm on business trips.  But other computers with hard disks are
turned off each day after your are done using them.  My question is
if I know that I'm not going to use the system for a day, a week, a
month, etc. when does the wear-and-tear of leaving the system on
justify shutting down the system and turning it off?

	I don't mind leaving it on all the time, but only if this is
what is best for the system.

						Thank in advance,

						  John Dempsey
						  Unisys