Patch #1 to bf

Kevin O'Gorman kevin at kosman.UUCP
Fri Jun 2 03:40:50 AEST 1989

In article <479 at manta.pha.pa.us>, brant at manta.pha.pa.us (Brant Cheikes) writes:
> Peter Fales (psfales at ihlpb.att.com) found and fixed a bug in bf, the
> block->inode mapping utility that I posted some months back.  Herewith
> is a patch file correcting that bug and making a few other minor
> source tweaks.

I have bf, archived back in February.  I tried applying the patch, and only
part of it took.  Some with big offsets and fuzz factors

> *** bf.c-old	Tue May 23 20:38:27 1989
> --- bf.c	Wed May 24 00:54:34 1989

The last two hunks fail completely

> ***************
> *** 114,126
>     /*
>      * Verify that we still have blocks to look for.
>      */
> !   if (nblk == 0)
> !     barf("feh! no blocks",0);
> !
> !   /*
> !    * Scan the allocated block list.
> !    */
> !   (void) done(scan_ilist(fsdev,&superblk,nblk,bitmap));
>   }
>
>   /*
>
> --- 121,128 -----
>     /*
>      * Look for all blocks that remain.
>      */
> !   if (nblk)
> !     (void) done(scan_ilist(fsdev,&superblk,nblk,bitmap));
>   }
>
>   /*

<This tries to match up with the original:
<
<  /*
<   * Verify that we still have blocks to look for.
<   */
<  if (nblk == 0) {
<    (void) puts("feh! no blocks");
<    exit(0);
<  }
<
<  /*
<   * Scan the allocated block list.
<   */
<  return(scan_ilist(fsdev,&superblk,nblk,bitmap));
<}

Were there two copies of the original posted?  The header I have looks like
this: