Another 19200 baud tip, and a question

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Tue Jun 13 15:14:18 AEST 1989

Here I am, answering my own questions again!  :-)

To begin: I'm also as quick to compliment as I am to criticize.

I called the AT&T Hotline today (Monday, June 12) and after a very pleasant
conversation with JoAnn concerning the problem with ``BREAK'' not being
recognized by tty000 under 3.51, she gave me a "ticket number" and informed
me to expect a return call momentarily.

Talk about efficiency!  They already had my phone number, etc. from the
warranty cards, and the person who called back within MINUTES is *ALSO* a
UNIXPC owner/user.

Apparently there isn't a 3.51b "fixdisk", and the 3.51a "fixdisk" has been
ordered for me and shipped from King of Prussia.

(And I didn't even have to tell them I own some AT&T stock!  :-)

I'll make copies of the fixdisk available to any attending member of the AT&T
Computer Users' Group meetings who also attends the UNIXPC SIG; at the next
meeting (June 21) I'll be demo'ing remote login setup (for the UNIXPC) and
"all you wanted to know about uucp."

Time permitting: HD upgrades, bad-block sparing, and whatever else comes up
will also be discussed.

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]