99 pin connector for unix-pc bus

Gregory W. Ratcliff gwr at nz8r.UUCP
Sat Jun 17 08:25:28 AEST 1989

In article <2114 at umbc3.UMBC.EDU>, motteler at umbc3.UMBC.EDU (Howard E. Motteler) writes:
> I know this has come up before, but has anyone ever found a source
> for those 99 pin connectors on the expansion bus?

Howard et al,

My amp rep called the factory and found out the following:

It IS (of course) a custom part.
It is NOT proprietory
It IS available, but there is the dreadded minimum purchase
quantity.
I was advised that a local distrubuter listed the number as a
good part number, but had zero stock.  This indicates to me
that someone somewhere may have a few collecting dust.

For your info the number is:

AMP 2-532431-0 for the plug in boards
AMP 2-532433-0 for the motherboard

I am interested in picking up a few, but my needs were never
enough to justify a factory build.  (about $500 worth)

Let me know if you learn more.

cul,

--
Gregory W. Ratcliff, {osu-cis}n8emr!uncle!nz8r!gwr
ham radio,aviation,tcp-ip