gdb for 3b1?

Tom Tkacik tkacik at rphroy.UUCP
Tue Jun 20 00:27:30 AEST 1989

In article <25015 at shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> kirkaas at cs.ucla.edu (paul kirkaas) writes:
>Has anyone brought up gdb on the 3b1?  What is involved?

I am trying to port gdb3.0 to the UNIXpc.  I got some patches for gdb2.5 from
Bob Rose (I think that's right).  He has some defines which I do not know where
he got the data for.  So I just took them.

Anyway, gdb2.5 seems to work pretty well.  Gdb3.0 is having some problems in
that it is only able to find the symbols for the first (or maybe the last :-))
file linked into the executable.  I still can't figure that one out.
If I get it working, I would like to get this back into the official
GNU distribution.

Anyone else out there working on it?

---
Tom Tkacik		GM Research Labs,   Warren MI  48090
uunet!edsews!rphroy!megatron!tkacik
"If you can't stand the bugs, stay out of the roach-motel."  Ron Guilmette