setting up a "combo card" on a 3b1

Howard E. Motteler motteler at umbc3.UMBC.EDU
Fri Mar 3 16:36:34 AEST 1989

I just got the "combo card" from DDS (now Discovery Electronics), with
2 serial ports and 0K of RAM, but it seems to come with zero
documentation.  Can I beg some help off someone who has set up one of
these?  I've got 2 meg on the motherboard, if it makes a difference in
the setup.

The board comes socketed (which is nice) for 256K chips, but how fast
do I need?  Is 150 or 120 ns fast enough?  It looks like there are 3
jumpers across the top, I presume to enable banks?  (Actually, I
didn't look as closely at it as I should have, and left it at work...)

Will Unix recognize the new ports (tty001 & tty002 ??) when I reboot,
or do I need to do some explicit configuration?

thanks,

--
Howard E. Motteler       |  Dept. of Computer Science
motteler at umbc3.umbc.edu  |  UMBC, Catonsville, MD 21228