vt100 emulation ... (was Question about Kermit on a 3b1)

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Sun Mar 5 17:42:18 AEST 1989

In article <381 at flatline.UUCP> erict at flatline.UUCP (Lemmy Caution) writes:
|>I'm running the most recent release of kermit for the 3b1 (from the
|>columbia fileserver, supports the OBM); and I was wondering if there's
|>any way to get vt100 emulation out of it.  I regularly transport code
|>to and from a VAX that only supports kermit.  Now, I kermit over a file,
|>logout, dial back with the Telephone/F2 terminal program, make some changes,
|>compile it, and so on.  I'd love to be able to just log in with kermit
|>and be done with it.

Well s4 (unixpc) is close to VT100/ansi, but not exact.  Muhammad S. Benten
sent me a copy of a program called vtem.  vtem used the pty driver that
has been posted to unix-pc.sources before.  It basically opens up a pty
and does vt100 emulation.  It's all public domain, so I'll post it to
unix-pc.sources.  It's kinda slow, but that's the very nature of the
pty driver.   It should work like you want with kermit and the VAX.

-Lenny

--
Lenny Tropiano             ICUS Software Systems         [w] +1 (516) 582-5525
lenny at icus.islp.ny.us      Telex; 154232428 ICUS         [h] +1 (516) 968-8576