TCP/IP for 3B2/500

Sam C. Nicholson II scion at alphard.cs.utk.edu
Thu Mar 9 05:34:16 AEST 1989

>Is there any alternative to the AT&T-supplied TCP/IP package  for  the
>3B2 line?  According to  our reliable  AT&T sources,  this thing costs
>about $5000, which I consider completely ridiculous since I can get an
>Larry

I have no idea just when ( may already be here) or how much but the
blurbs that I have heard on SV.4 look pretty good wrt Berzerkley
compatibility.  ( Anyone out there know more)

I was trying to get a 3b2/400 connected to our net, but decided to
fall back to uucp and wait for some announcements from Mother.

Pricewise, I don't see how the entire release could cost more than
$5k.

This followup is not so much to respond to Larry's question as to
elicit responses from folk who might know more about the upcoming SV.4
and are able to say. Just didn't seem to me worth porting the Berkeley
net code when Mother would release it before I got done.

-sam