TCP/IP for 3B2/500

Larry Podmolik larry at zeek.UUCP
Mon Mar 6 05:20:57 AEST 1989

Forgive me if this has been asked/answered before:

Is there any alternative to the AT&T-supplied TCP/IP package  for  the
3B2 line?  According to  our reliable  AT&T sources,  this thing costs
about $5000, which I consider completely ridiculous since I can get an
Ethernet  board _including_  TCP/IP from AT&T for the 6386E for  about
$1500!!

Public domain would be nice, but I have no objections to paying for it
- it's just that $5000 seems a little too much...

Larry