Need info about security holes on 3B1

Tim Ramsey tar at ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu
Fri Mar 24 19:10:16 AEST 1989

Way back around September '87 there was a discussion about security holes
in the ATT UNIX-PC.  Now we are having a problem with some unknown cracker(s)
using these holes to gain superuser privs and wreak havoc on our defenseless
unixpcs sitting in our labs.

If anyone could send me what they saved from that discussion, I would
appreciate it.  Mostly what I am interested in are security holes and how
to plug them.

If asked, I will repeat this request by email from the root account on this
host.

Thanks in advance!

--
Timothy Ramsey
BITNET:   tar at KSUVAX1
Internet: tar at ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu
UUCP:  ...!{rutgers,texbell}!ksuvax1!tar