MKS RCS

01218-M.RAUCHWERK star at mtuxo.att.com
Fri Mar 24 23:42:40 AEST 1989

I am having difficulties using the RCS revision control system from MKS.
I purchased the package about a year ago and was using it as I have used
SCCS on unix.  I never had a need to check my earlier revisions when I
first used it so I thought everything was OK.  Recently I went back to check
the earlier deltas and found that every delta was the same when I checked it
out.  In other words, version 1.1, 1.2 1.3 ... 1.N were all the same as
1.N and I lost all of my earlier versions even though checking out an early
delta verified the correct version number for that delta.

I tried to get help from MKS and they sent me a new version of the code (4.2d)
but it had the same problem when I installed it.  I know that I must be doing
something drastically wrong because I can't believe the code doesn't work.
I am using an AT&T 6386 WGS with DOS 3.2 but have had the same problem
using other machines.  If anyone has any idea what might be wrong I would
appreciate any help I can get.  Please respond to me by email at mtuxo!star.

						Thanks

						Mike Rauchwerk