printers and drivers for 3b1

Stewart gmark at ihlpf.ATT.COM
Sat Mar 11 04:44:12 AEST 1989

In article <13792 at duke.cs.duke.edu>, wouk at romeo.cs.duke.edu (Arthur Wouk) writes:
> i am contemplating getting an epson lq850 for my 3b1. they are now
> available for $439+cable cost and shipping from new york. i checked my
> 3.51 software and it recognizes only two epson fx printers. i called

I had an LQ 500, that is essentially the cost-reduced, feature-upped
successor to the LQ800/850 series.  I used the existing epson
drivers and had no problem at all.  In fact, the manual tells you
it supports use of previous epson drivers.

> suitable drivers for the epson lq line, or point me to it. i do not
> have access to unix-pc.*.
I don't get it.  Are you saying you have a 3B1, but not a 7300?
Doesn't seem important.  BTW, you might consider getting a Deskjet
from HP.  Just a bit more, around $550 from Elektek, if I remember,
near-laserjet quality, and hasn't given us a lick of trouble from
the several units around here.  Uses the Laserjet drivers in the
3B1, too.

				- Mark

				G. Mark Stewart
				ATT_BTL, Naperville, Ill. ix1g266