printers and drivers for 3b1

Arthur Wouk wouk at romeo.cs.duke.edu
Fri Mar 10 01:06:54 AEST 1989

i am contemplating getting an epson lq850 for my 3b1. they are now
available for $439+cable cost and shipping from new york. i checked my
3.51 software and it recognizes only two epson fx printers. i called
at$t tech support and get wishy washy answers about whether or not
those drivers will support the epson lq series and the 850 in
particular. i have noticed this behavior on the part of at&t support
before :-).

can anyone give me advice about such support, or the availability of
suitable drivers for the epson lq line, or point me to it. i do not
have access to unix-pc.*.