3b1 DOS-73 board hangs

John Campbell jdc at naucse.UUCP
Mon Mar 6 15:24:43 AEST 1989

I'm a little tired of being yelled at when the DOS-73 board on my
3b1 (35.1a operating system) hangs.  In other words, my wife will
be typing along in WordStar using the DOS-73 hardware/software and
the machine will just "freeze" from here standpoint.  DOS is hung
and all we've been able to do is reset (hit key Rstrt).  I removed
any TSR routines (we just had dosedit) and now we are fairly vanilla
MSDOS--and we still hang.

Unix, on the other hand, keeps running just fine.  We're a little
suspicious that these "crashes" happen more frequently when I'm
logged in on another terminal.  They can happen as frequently as
every 15 minutes or so...  (Nasty!)

Any ideas?  Is there a priority that the DOS-73 job should run at?
How is it all laid out--is the unix/DOS interface in the DOS-73
job (owned by the user running DOS)?  Is there a hardware diagnostic
that would help?  Can I find someone else to blame the problem on
at least?  (I'm tired of being the "expert" with no answers :-)
--
	John Campbell               ...!arizona!naucse!jdc
                                    CAMPBELL at NAUVAX.bitnet