Info-3b2 Digest, Number 66

Info-3b2 Mailer info-3b2 at lamc.UUCP
Mon Mar 6 18:49:17 AEST 1989

                           Info-3b2 Digest, Number 66

                             Monday, March 6th 1989

Today's Topics:

                     Re: 3B2 Questions - Answers Appreciated
                         Re: Info-3b2 Digest, Number 65

Subject: Re: 3B2 Questions - Answers Appreciated
Date: 4 Mar 89 14:11:11 CST (Sat)
From: hoptoad!iquery!matt (Matt Reedy)

>> 		b; Is NFS available?
>>try mailing to postmaster at laidbak and see if you can get an answer to that

>Wollongong is selling NFS for the 3B2 now.  Price is $1045/CPU, 40% less
>for Universities (phone 800-872-8649).  It requires WIN/3B 2.1, which
>requires SysVr3 or later.  Right now there is an additional $120 royalty
>Harvard Townsend, Systems Manager

AT&T has NFS in beta test as we speak.  I have spoken to the AT&T
Product Manager for NFS and she says AT&T should be releasing it
this April.  No word yet on pricing or other information.

BTW- AT&T's NFS is Lachman's implementation.

Matthew Reedy                 UUCP: gatech!petro!iquery!matt
Programmed Intelligence Corp.
400 N Loop 1604 E, Suite 330
San Antonio, TX  78232        (512) 490 6684