Kermit and OBM question

hzhang hzhang at elbereth.rutgers.edu
Sat Mar 11 02:29:37 AEST 1989

In article <385 at flatline.UUCP>, erict at flatline.UUCP (Lemmy Caution) writes:

> I've got the most recent Kermit from columbia, the one that uses the OBM
> on the 3b1.  It dials out just fine, but exits like shit.  From what

I have modified c-kermit for the 3b1 based on the 4D(061) version
about one year ago.  It does its job fine except 1) it sometimes takes
a few seconds to exit but otherwise proper, and 2) if invoked from
the phone manager, the current working directory will be somewhere
other than where it was.  Anyway, I didn't bother much since mostly I
ran kermit directly from the shell.

Another thing is that getty on the line to be used must be turned off
before kermit can run (I learned this from a person in this group).
I didn't put the getty on/off stuff into the kermit code though.
Instead, I made a shell script to take care of that and then run kermit.
The shell script also does the same thing as 'cu' does, i.e., search the
first available line in the 'L-devices' file if the 'line' is not given
on the command line, get modem and baud information from 'L-devices' and
set them accordingly.  I guess the reason I choose to control getty outside
kermit is to be consistant with the Telephone Manager.  I have integrated
kermit into the User Agent system and the getty stuff is controlled by the
tel-mgr.

Send me an E-mail if you are interested and I'll send you a copy of the
source code along with some instructions.