AT&T 6300: the Wrong Choice

Hans Jespersen hjespers at vpk4.UUCP
Tue Mar 28 01:40:22 AEST 1989

In article <1500002 at scsmo1.UUCP> tim at scsmo1.UUCP writes:

>You ask why buy an new 6300?  Well have have this "goverment contract" that
>says we can only buy what EDS wants to sell us and it is 6300 vs 6386 vs 3b2.
>So sometimes we get need the lowest cost option.

>More of Your goverment at work!  (For those in the US :-)

I can just hear the conversation at EDS.

Person1:How do we get these guys at the Soil Conservation Service
	to buy 3B2s ?
Person2:Easy, don't give them any choice, they have to buy from us.
P1:	Nooo, we can't do that, we have to give them _some_ choice.
P2:	Ok, then give them some really bad alternatives. DOS machines
	maybe.
P1: 	Ya, that's it, 6300s. They will never buy those.
--------- serveral weeks later -------
P1:	Oh, no.
P2:	What is it.
P1: 	Remember those guys at SCS? They bought the 6300s. :-(

--
Hans Jespersen                UUCP: uunet!attcan!hjespers
AT&T Canada Inc.                or     ..!attcan!nebulus!arakis!hans

"Yabba Dabba Doo" -- F. Flintstone