AT&T 6300: the Wrong Choice

Earl H. Kinmonth ked at garnet.berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 28 17:13:26 AEST 1989

In article <4555 at vpk4.UUCP> hjespers at attcan.UUCP (Hans Jespersen) writes:
>In article <1500002 at scsmo1.UUCP> tim at scsmo1.UUCP writes:
>
>>You ask why buy an new 6300?  Well have have this "goverment contract" that

Perhaps Olivetti got sloppy. I can only speak from experience.  I have
a 6300 that has been running almost continuously for three years.  In
that time I've had two hardware problems: (a) the V-30 chip I had stuck
in in place of the 8086 died (can't blame that on ATT) and (b) the
numeral five (5) got bouncy (cure: pull the key and clean it).