Discovery Electronics

Jan Isley jan at bagend.UUCP
Mon Apr 9 04:35:40 AEST 1990

I am still getting calls and mail so maybe my oringinal posting last
month did not get out.

As of 1 March, 1990, I do not work for Discovery Electronics.  I *never*
took any responsibility for their behavior and I am certainly not about to
start now.  Nothing personal against all of the good folks out there in net
land, but if D.E. gives my home number out to any more people calling in for
unix support, I am going to have a talk with my lawyer.

What, you are still reading?  Okay, I will give them one last plug since I
know lots of you will be interested in this.  At last count, D.E. had about
50 defective unix-pcs, mostly 512k units with a 10/20 MB disk.  They were
selling these *as-is* for $250 which includes UPS ground shipping.  Some of
them are easily repaired, some are totally dead.  They have been know to go
as low as $200 - $225.

DISCLAIMER:  Having worked there for a year, I do not recommend them to
my friends, but $200 for a box of spare parts is not too bad.

jan
 --
jan at bagend  {..gatech..}!bagend!jan  (404)434-1335 voice at home