Need adapter for 6300 monochrome monitor

-Ed Gauss gauss at ticnj.UUCP
Sun Apr 8 19:58:04 AEST 1990

Hi!

Perhaps somebody can help me.

I have a monochrome monitor for an early AT&T PC6300, and my
laptop needs such a monitor when it is at home.  My kids would
use it for wordprocessing, and not fight over the PC6300 which now
has a color monitor.

I assume that a powersupply is needed and some circuit adaption.
The laptop, a Dataview SPARK, has a RGB jack and a composite
jack for output to an external monitor.

I even have the circuit diagram for the monochrome monitor.
What I need is what signals go into the AT&T pins so I can
make an adapter box.

Has anybody tweeked the AT&T monitor to accept either composite
or RGB input?  I don't have access to any test equipment beyond
just a volt meter.  I am somewhat reluctant to fry either the
Laptop or the monitor by a bad guess at interfacing.

Does anybody know how to make this interface?

Thanks.

Ed Gauss
IEX
125 Half Mile Road