/usr/lib/accept on 3b1?

das13!dave dave at das13.UUCP
Thu Apr 12 22:13:10 AEST 1990

In article <228 at tapest.UUCP>, sbw at tapest.UUCP (Steve Wampler) writes:
> I'm trying to add several logical printers to my unix-pc,
	etc. etc. etc.

> However, I cannot get either 'accept' or 'reject' to do
> anything with any printer.
	etc. etc. etc.

> So, does anyone know how to correctly call 'accept'?
> (I.e., what the two arguments are?)

First of all, you only need to be concerned with 1 argument, the name of the
printer.  If you say that UA is using 2 args I believe you, but you only need
1.  Anyway, the first printer that you setup on a 3B1 must be done through UA.
If you don't, the scheduler will never start.  After you lpadmin and enable
your printer, you then do an accept.  'accept' MUST be run by the 'lp' login!!
Root won't work, install won't work, ONLY lp will work.  So login as 'root' do
an 'su - lp' and at the '$' type: /usr/lib/accept printername.  That's all
there is to it.  (actually I have 11, yup 11, logical printers for my 1
physical printer).

DAS
--
David Snyder                            Home:  dave at das13.UUCP (das13!dave)
                                        Work:  das at trac2000.UUCP (trac2000!das)

The ideal situation is to have real computing power close at hand - right at    home. Something that dims streetlights and shrinks the picture on the neighbors TV when you crank it up.