SimulTask-386/OpenLook incompatibility

Wes Morgan morgan at ms.uky.edu
Wed Apr 11 00:26:23 AEST 1990

I recently acquired an AT&T 6386 with OpenLook.  After installing
Simul-Task 386, I can execute DOS applications with no problem....
until I go into OpenLook.  While in OpenLook, the DOS application's
window <or command-level DOS window> echoes neither my input nor
any output.  The sequence of events is as follows:

  <from an xterm> $ dos
  <new window>    DOS is in full screen mode
                     on virtual terminal 02
  <window goes to full screen> prints BIOS message, VP/ix message,
                               MS-DOS boot message, and Simul-Task
                               welcome message
  <window returns to previous size> no update, just a blank screen
                                    with the cursor at the proper
                                    place (at the prompt which followed
                                    all the above dos output on full
                                    screen)

Could some OpenLook/Simul-Task guru explain this and/or offer a fix?

Wes

--
    | Wes Morgan, not speaking for | {any major site}!ukma!ukecc!morgan |
    | the University of Kentucky's |        morgan at engr.uky.edu         |